EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR RACING OR CRUISING!
Varakai, 1992 Corsair F-27 Trimaran #323, for sale. $39,900, includes Chevy Astro towing van.
$35,900, without the van.
Located in Eugene, Oregon. Call 541-513-6316 or email@example.com.
The Photo Gallery is a random collection of shots. We’ll be putting her in the lake in early May and will have a more detailed collection then.
A Short History
She was previously known as “Flying Bye” and the original owners were Tom and Debra Emery of Sacramento, California. Tom bought her to race on San Francisco Bay and he installed the standard go-fast gear that many F-27s carry: bowsprit, asymm spin, screecher, double-spreader rig, barberhaulers, and aft cabin beam post. She was kept on the hard in Oakland or in their RV garage at home.
As the years went by, Flying Bye became more of a cruiser and that brought the addition of a 120w solar panel, hotel-sized minifridge, dodger, bimini, and Autohelm with remote control.
That’s the boat Charlie and Geni purchased and renamed Varakai. They’ve sailed her and keep her protected from the Oregon winter rains. Charlie raced Varakai occasionally on Fern Ridge Lake, but mostly we cruised her on Fern Ridge, Clear Lake California, the San Juan Islands of Washington, and the Gulf Islands off Vancouver Island.
The back double bunk is comfortable for two medium people, tight for anyone large or for those that move around a lot in their sleep.
- Smythe square-top main in good to very good condition. Still holds great shape. Bolt-rope has been repaired in several places.
- Pinhead main: little used, very good condition.
- Calvert jib: very good condition
- Calvert battened racing jib: very good condition, except luff needs a repair.
- Asymmetric spinnaker: very good condition, has had a couple of patches
Symmetric spinnaker: excellent condition
ATN Spinnaker sock
- Screecher: excellent condition w/ Harken furler
- Harken jib furler
- Bow sprit with lower bow eye
- Cunningham, barber-haulers, boomvang, all halyards and sheets
- Tramps are in very good condition
- Dodger: hardly used, excellent condition
- Bimini: some wear on the cover, very good condition
- Cockpit cushions showing age
- Cabin cushions; new 2019
- Back bed cushion, very good condition
- Mainsail cover, good condition
- Jib cover; material is fine but zipper is broken
- Mini-fridge: excellent for cruising. Runs fridge, stereo, nav, wind/depth all day long. Unplug after sun goes down, keeps ice over night
- 120amp solar panel
- Excellent CD/Tuner stereo with amplifier; speakers inside and out
- Has slide-in table for saloon meals
- Has Inserts to make galley and settees into double bed
- Barbecue for the stern rail
- Raymarine Autohelm with remote; works great
- Raymarine Wind/Depth: wind instrument has issues: sometime works, sometimes doesn’t, no longer shows apparent wind
- Handheld Radio
- Icom Radio has been removed, but kept. Needs new antennae if you choose to put it back into the system
- Amplified, 4-speaker audio system
- Nav lights
- Masthead light
- Deck light
Engine & Miscellaneous
- Honda 8 4-stroke; tuned April 2019
- Pacific Trailer with disc brakes. Refurbished/tuned April 2019.
- New wood tiller
- 3 anchors, anchor chain, anchor rode
- Anchor roller on bow